Sunday, November 1, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009

So, this year I am officially trying NaNoWriMo for the first time. I'm afraid it's going to turn out that I'm terrible at developing characters or plot or something, and that my dream of being a writer is going to be brutally disemboweled. Unnecessary fear is a great reason to do something, though, so here I am. Officially participating. You can find my NaNoWriMo site's user page here. I kind of want a word count widget, but they don't seem to be functional just yet. As of right now, I have 1045 words, out of 50000. Eek. I have an outline (thankfully) from a project that I was going to do until I changed my mind, so now I'm resurrecting it for this. I finished the outline yesterday, and am planning to more or less follow it. That should make my life far easier than if I were winging it.

Still, I am scared. I am also afraid I will not have any free time between this and school and the important people in my life. But, it'll be over in a month, and it'll be quite the interesting journey.

And I've wanted to do it since I first heard about it a couple years ago. So why not?

No comments: